Wednesday 3 October 2007

Sloppy Miranda

I got a little carried away by the things that happened Friday night so I forgot to report about this Sunday. Lewis Hamilton won the Japanese Grand Prix. Miranda is chuffed. He has a lead of twelve points over Fernando Alonso now. It is still not settled but he has a chance of winning the whole season now. A rookie that goes on to win it all. It would be so brilliant.


You know about our bet? A Hamilton win means six of the best for Felicia. And to be honest I think she needed them. The thing is that last time Hamilton lost we were both so angry with Alonso so I didn't get my spanking. This means that I couldn't possibly give it to Felicia now. It wouldn't be fair. We were both a little disappointed but it wasn't right.


So it was a spankless Sunday. Still we had scones with clotted cream and raspberry preserve. This treat diminished our frustration somewhat.


This week has been a good week so far. Yesterday Felicia chased me through the flat with a wooden spoon in her hand that she wanted to 'try out'. Out flat is far too small for a good chase so soon Miranda was caught and spoon was tried out. I do have to admit it is a good implement, for its purpose, I mean.


Anyway, Chinese Grand Prix is on this Sunday and this time there will be no lenience. I can assure you that whoever wins, there will be at least one sore bottom.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just doing the sums here...2 missed spankings = 6 of the best x 2!

Don't feed them to the cat! I'll take that 12 of the best off your hands (or rather off your bums)if you like. My wife, and me, will give them a good home!

Miranda said...

Dear Jim, the thing is that Lewis Hamilton did not win the Belgian Grand Prix which means that Felicia would get to smack my bottom as long as she wanted. But since she didn't smack me then I felt bad about smacking her when Hamilton did win. So it evens out, really. Next race is a completely different story, a clean slate, so to speak.

I am very happy that you care about our cat. She likes that too and wonders if you could possibly give her some food as well.

Anonymous said...

She is welcome to stroll around here and feast to her heart's content, on whatever takes her fancy.

Miranda said...

Bananas says: puuurrrrrrr!!!!

Dave said...

Besides auto racing, are there other sports you like to watch? soccer? baseball? etc?

Great blog and Go Red Sox!
Cheers,
Dave

Miranda said...

Dear Dave, who could resist 30 strong, sweaty men crawling around in the mud grappling and touching each other? So Rugby would be one interesting sport. And I do love cricket. I see you like the American variety of this great sport. Smiles.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! So whose bottom is paying the price, for Hamilton's slide, this sunny, Sunday morning?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Another spankless Sunday, methinks!

Miranda said...

It was my bottom who paid the price. Indeed it was...